Members of Covenant Church shall:
- Confess and affirm personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
- Have given public witness to this faith by water baptism (or commit to doing so upon joining the church).
- Affirm and subscribe to the articulation of the historic orthodox Christian faith contained in the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds.
- Demonstrate continuing growth in the knowledge and living out of Scripture, in godly character and maturity, in ministry and service within the church and to the world around us.
- Participate regularly, actively and faithfully in the life of the church, seeking to find the ways in which their gifts and talents might further the worship, work and witness of the church.
- Support the church faithfully in their tithes and generously in their offerings.
- Support and submit to the Elders in their governmental role.
To become a Member, a candidate must:
- Provide to the Elders or their designee clear evidence of their desire to embrace the conditions of membership described above.
- Meet personally with an Elder or their designee to thoroughly discuss the meaning and conditions of membership.
- Provide clear evidence of Christian water baptism, or commit to being baptized upon becoming a Member.
- Attend a New Members’ Class.
- Stand before the congregation and testify to their faith in Jesus Christ and communicate a desire to embrace membership in Covenant Church.